Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Running Out Of Time

Disregarding the hyperbolic exciting developments on my video debut yesterday, I've come bearing more gifts! Below are actually some current/past pictures that I've been saving up for a good day. I decided to put a slightly different approach on the comments, and see if anyone mines if I write a bit more about each image. It's the challenge between telling a bit more about the background of the story (and most importantly, making everyone feel a little more involved), and detracting from the overall image by removing the mystique of it all. I'll find the balance eventually.

Slightly more importantly, I'll like to announce that I'll soon be posting less images on the blog due to school coming back up. There's always a sense of nostalgia and anxiety when something like the summer ends, and college first begins. While I hope to be able to continue what I feel to be a great hobby, I'm not sure if I'll ever have the time that I used to for maintaining this blog, taking images, and working on mini-projects among other things. But in a optimistic's note, there's always more time until there isn't and by then, it doesn't matter anymore.

Click on the READ MORE text to see some of my favorite pictures!

Was waiting awhile to post this one. I was waiting for someone and noticed that there was a great scene here-- albeit missing a subject. I mentally laughed about how great it would be if someone walked/ran through, right as I took this picture just as she ran up the stairs. I'm really happy how it turned out, with it's levels of dimensions, lighting, tonality, and even the subject getting right where I needed her to be. One of my favorite no less.



After playing, he had a conversation with another lady about the "good ol' days".

Looming fear or telephone pole? Does it matter?


I saw this little girl sitting alone and eating about half a block before I actually got to her, so you can imagine how perfect it looked, with the image just sitting there waiting for me to take it. I was actually going to not take the image because I thought the glass was going to be too reflective and would destroy the image-- gladly I don't believe in physics!

Another old one that I was saving up. I actually walked past her the first time because I wasn't sure if she would notice me and have the shot ruined. But due to the rules of time travel and this image already existing, I left my friend and went back to take the shot. So far, it's always been one that I've stuck in my head.


Familiar? After making the first post, I realized that the color version was just as great, hence this picture.

Modern-er pictures begin here.





Yep,  it's the same duck as in the video. Although he looks a bit smugly pleased in this one (click on the image to see the eyes!) -intense stare-

Took two versions of this shot. The other was a portrait-format shot and showed more of the tree trunk's large branches and columns. It turned out too blurry for my taste. 



Duck look a bit close? He/She actually is. I decided to sit against a small opening in the pond and a bunch of them just walked up to me and quacked everywhere.

Watching street performers hustle them out of their money (All terms in the previous sentence used loosely).



Another one I thought was really great. I wasn't sure if it would be situationally appropriate to take the picture, but I convinced myself to run back up a slope to get the angle I wanted (we were on a slope, so the background would have been more trees than anything).




No artistic expression would be complete before a child's merciless actions.

If you care to click the picture and make it bigger, you'll notice why I picked it. I think that the noise on the image really brings something out altogether.

I loved this picture as a black and white. We were at battery park and it was sporadically pouring rain every 15 minutes or so. But how did I take this image without getting soaked? The answer is that getting soaked is apart of the job. -gruff cool voice-



Taken on the Staten Island Ferry right before we docked at the NYC Terminal.

Into the city.

End.

No comments:

Post a Comment