Friday, May 31, 2013

Vivid People and Decision (Black and White Galore!)

Aaaannnnnd, we're back again today with a second set of pictures. In this particular set, I tried to experiment a bit with black and white photography. I thought that some of the images I took last weekend were really great (loosely used here) in the terms of shadows and contrast. However, I didn't think that they would really benefit from some of the colors, since I felt that they were frankly distracting from the scene in certain situations.

Click on the READ MORE text to see vivid nightmares and commentary from me.

I actually took this same image about 5 times resulting in different lightning and exposure. A little exposure value change fixed it right up.

The reason I picked this one out was because of how the scene almost cuts in half with three alternating contrasts of  grayscale. One almost too bright, another in the midtones, and the last in dark oblivion.



Stretching



I thought that the blurred background of people on the escalating streets was great.

As it would turn out, the split between the Italian neighborhood, and the Chinese neighborhood was really sharp when I turned around.







This is probably my favorite of this set. The street vendors were really pushing the heat (pun-city!) by grilling/cooking in almost 90 degree weather. I really liked the colors and placement of objects in the scene..

I just couldn't help not posting this image. The vibrant kitchen magnets (I think) were very cool and assorted.



I took this picture in a quick turn after I saw him walk towards me. I can only hope that I did his smile some justice on-picture. 


Couldn't help but take this image. The leaves were just so round and delicious.



If you can't see it very well, there's actually a whole other row of pigeons behind her.



Train arriving with a bright sunburst.


Waiting for the next train.

No comments:

Post a Comment