Thursday, October 10, 2013

Interim Update (QUICK HIGHLIGHTS)

Just a small photographic update here. If you're out of the times, I haven't posted in the past few weeks due to recent fluxes of schoolwork and tight schedules (college is hard). While I try to get out at least once a week for photos, I haven't had the time to go through my pictures and select the ones that I like the most.

In addition, I've been finding that as much as photography is a fun hobby, it's also a real "mental chore". While I love it to death, it's really difficult sometimes to get into the "mood" of looking for good pictures and  take enough initiative to actually get down and get the best angle when your mind is somewhere else (hopefully, I'll adjust to my new college life and I'll have a bunch of wonderful pictures to share next time).

Click on the READ MORE text for ten thousand magnificent honey bees




It took about 3 shots to get the exposure correct while waiting for him to pop his head back out.

Taken at a "Taste of France" at Bryant Park. I only stayed for less than a hour so I wasn't able to get too much.
She's looking at a completely self-enclosed bubble (air conditioned at all) with a model Eiffel Tower made out of REAL (heavily emphasized) butter.
In retrospect, I think the better image would have been to go around and get the older gentleman's face as the subject.
I love how her white-paged book acts as a reflector that lights up her face. When I first took the image, I thought about cropping it, but my brother mentioned that it would be like "divorcing the image".

No comments:

Post a Comment